|Scoring system: Basketball|
You'll only get points if you predict the winning team. To get the maximum points you have to predict the correct goal difference. Each goal divergence reduces your score by one point.
The maximum score for a prediction: 50 Points
|Indiana Pacers|| - ||Orlando Magic||97:87||+10||+10||50|
|Los Angeles Lakers|| - ||San Antonio Spurs||85:91||-6||-6||50|
|Sacramento Kings|| - ||Denver Nuggets||90:88||+2||+3||49|
|Memphis Grizzlies|| - ||New Orleans Pelicans||84:99||-15||-11||46|
|Milwaukee Bucks|| - ||Dallas Mavericks||83:91||-8||-2||44|
|Sacramento Kings|| - ||Denver Nuggets||90:88||+2||+12||40|
|Indiana Pacers|| - ||Chicago Bulls||97:80||+17||+1||34|
|Detroit Pistons|| - ||Chicago Bulls||79:99||-20||-1||31|
|Portland Trail Blazers|| - ||Phoenix Suns||90:89||+1||+28||23|
|Washington Wizards|| - ||Denver Nuggets||74:75||-1||-33||18|
|Miami Heat|| - ||Boston Celtics||91:92||-1||+1||0|
|Portland Trail Blazers|| - ||Brooklyn Nets||98:95||+3||-12||0|
|Colour code: 50-46 Points 45-36 Points 35-26 Points 25-10 Points 0 Points |
Rules: Classic contest
|The rules are as as simple as it gets. The better your predictions, the more points you'll get. The player with the best score wins the Classic contest. The final score is the sum of the points from round predictions and the points from the overall result prediction. |
- If two or more players have the same score, the ranking will be determined by the points won with the round predictions: Points from the round predictions weigh more than points from the season/tournament prediction.
- Not all prediction games include an overall result prediction.
Rules: Cup contest
|The Cup contest contains several knock-out rounds. The number of Cup rounds depends on the number of participants. |
|A player will be added randomly to a first Cup round slot as soon as a prediction was entered for the first Cup round. This task will be done by a program that runs every 30 minutes. Most of the Cup contests won't have exactly 16, 32, 64, 256, 512, 1024, ... participants, so some players will have a bye in the first Cup round.|
|Not all prediction rounds are part of the Cup contest. If, for example, the prediction game contains 10 prediction rounds and 200 players are participating, then the Cup contest will only need 8 Cup rounds (2^8 = 256 first round spots).|
|In rare cases there are less Cup round slots than players participating. The Six Nations tournament e.g. contains only five rounds which results in only 2^5=32 available slots. In that case the first round will be used as a qualification round and the best 16 players will qualify for the Cup contest. But most of the prediction games include more than 10 rounds which offers 2^10=1024 available slots. |
|The player with the better score will proceed to the next cup round. The winner of the final Cup round is the winner of the Cup contest.|
|In case of a draw the following tie-breaking criteria will be applied:|
- the result from the previous cup round
- all other cup rounds (backwards step-by-step)
- the ranking from the Classic contest
- the ranking from the Cluster contests with the fewest prediction games
- In some prediction games (mostly football) the Cup contest will be staged twice.
- If a Cup round contains one or more postponed matches, the according Cup round will be shifted to the next round.
Rules: League contest
|In the League contest all participants compete against each other in a round robin system.|
|The winner of each duel gets 3 points.In case of a draw, both players get 1 point.|
|When the League contest is over, the top ranked players will be promoted to a higher league, the bottom ranked players will be relegated to a lower league.|
- In some prediction games (mostly football) the League contest will be staged twice.
- If the number of players exceeds the number of available rounds a player might compete against more than one opponent in a single round.
- If qualified players from the previous edition didn't sign in before the League contest starts, their places will be filled up by players from the next lower league.
- New players won't enter an already running League contest.
Rules: Drop Out contest
|In the so-called Drop Out contest the number of players are reduced bit by bit every round. Each round the players with the fewest points will be eliminated and the remaining players will move on to the next round. The player with the most points in the final round is the winner of this contest.|
|The minimum number of players which will be eliminated (Drop Out) is determined in the following way:|
- PLAYERS = number of players left
- ROUNDS = number of rounds left to play
- DROPOUT = minimum number of players to get eliminated
- DROPOUT = rounding up ( PLAYERS / ROUNDS )
- PLAYERS = 25
- ROUNDS = 5
- DROPOUT = rounding up ( 25 / 5 ) = 5
- PLAYERS = 10
- ROUNDS = 4
- DROPOUT = rounding up ( 10 / 4 ) = 3
In case of equal points the number of players which will be eliminated might be higher that the calculated Drop Out.
- PLAYERS = 311
- ROUNDS = 19
- DROPOUT = rounding up ( 311 / 19 ) = 17
|6||Player SRT||20||Drop Out||PLAYERS = 10 | ROUNDS = 4 | DROPOUT = rounding up ( 10 / 4 ) = 3|
As the players SRT, BBT and HZU all got 20 points all 3 players will be eliminated. In case one of them only got 19 points, the other two players would move on to the next round.
- In some prediction games (mostly football) the Drop Out contest will be staged twice.
- Sometimes the contest winner will be determined before the final Drop Out round.
- New players won't enter an already running Drop Out contest.
Rules: Rat Race contest
|The Rat Race contest contains a list of sorted boxes. The topmost box (Box 1) includes two players. With each descending box the number of players increases by 1. Box 2 contains 3 players, Box 3 contains 4 players, Box 4 contains 5 players, and so on. |
|The players within the same box compete against each other for one round only. |
The two players in the topmost box fight for the victory each round.
- After each round the best players of a box will be promoted to the next upper box.
- After each round the worst players of a box will be relegated to the next lower box.
- One player won't be promoted or relegated and stays in the same box for the next round.
- In case of equal points the players will be ranked according to the position from the previous round. Relegated player above established player, established player above promoted player.
- There will be no Rat Race round if a round contains postponed matches.
- The player ranking at the beginning of the Rat Race contest is determined by the ranking at the end of the previous season.
- The bottommost box probably contains unfilled places.
- A new player will be added at the end of the bottommost box as soon as he has entered any prediction.
Rules: Supporters contest
|This contest groups the best three players to a team according to the team they support.|
Rules: Country contest
|This contest groups the best three players to a team according to their originating country.|
Rules: Championship contest
|This contest uses an indirect scoring system: The winner of a round gets 25 points, the 2nd best player gets 24 points, the 3rd gets 23, and so on down to the 25th player who gets 1 point.|
Rules: Pools contest
|The Pools contest uses the following simple scoring system: 1 point for predicting the correct winner draw.
Rules: 3/1 contest
|The 3/1 contest uses the following scoring system: 3 points for for a spot-on prediction, 1 point for predicting the correct outcome.|